From the start, the company was engaged with refuse disposal for the Lyngby-Tårbæk municipality, and the transport of construction machinery and materials for the municipality and for contractors. After the war the company acquired a number of excavators and other construction machinery, which it rented out to the municipality and to contractors. The company became known for having a large number of crane trucks in service.
For a number of years the company also operated a large Mobil petrol station in Lyngby. Hans Chr. Svendsen was not only a successful haulier, he was also a well-known figure in Lyngby, where he also operated a large farm where he bred trotting horses, of which the trotting horse named Mobil was the most famous.
His son, Steen Svendsen, later took over the company and ran it for several years, but he became ill and in 1990 he decided to sell the company.
It was purchased that year by "A/S Rich. Frederiksen & Co", with Hans Frederiksen as Managing Director.
A transport company with a long history
The Frederiksen family started in the transport business nearly 100 years ago, when the merchant Jens Peter Frederiksen moved from Copenhagen to a smaller grocers shop in Vejleby – a small village in Hornsherred approx. 55 km from Copenhagen. Jens Peter began here in 1909/1910 with two teams of horses, which he used to operate a freight route to Frederikssund, as well as a regular haulage contractor business.
His son Richard joined the company in 1920 and soon afterwards the business was motorised, with a proud Ford T, with a capacity of 1,100 kg, as the first lorry. In 1934, the business was divided within the family and Richard continued with the haulage contractor business, while his sister continued with the grocery shop.
Thus, the company took its name from the son and became "A/S Rich. Frederiksen & Co", which today is a holding company.