WASTE SOLUTIONS FOR MUNICIPALITIES
With emphasis on quality, the environment and safety, HCS collects waste in municipalities across the country:
- Household waste
- Bulk waste
- Garden waste
- Paper and cardboard
- Glass and bottles
- Hazardous waste
Contact - inquiries
HCS handles contact with citizens for several municipalities where we collect waste. In other municipalities, citizens must contact the municipality directly.
To order a waste container or bags, send an e-mail to: email@example.com
Inquiries regarding municipal supply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Help the garbage man
Below you can learn how you can make life easier for your garbage man and at the same time ensure that he can provide you with the best possible service.
The Danish Working Environment Authority requires that the access road in connection with the collection of waste must be arranged so that the garbage collector is not burdened unnecessarily.
A garbage man normally empties between 160 and 280 containers or bags every day, so with a little help from the citizens his work is greatly facilitated and he can avoid work injuries.
There are things you as a citizen have to take care of and there are things you can take care of.
You need to take care of these things:
- Make sure there is good free space around your waste container or bag stand and that there are no bikes, toys or anything else in the way
- Make sure your waste container or bag stand is on a firm and level surface, such as tiles or asphalt
- The access road to your waste container or bag stand has a firm and even surface, such as tiles or asphalt
- Make sure the road into your waste container or bag stand is at least 1 meter wide and has a ground clearance of at least 2 meters - cut bushes and trees
- Make sure the road to your waste container or bag stand increases by no more than 10% and that there are no steps
- Doors and gates must be able to be held in open position
- If your house is a little away from the public road; Make sure the garbage truck can drive all the way - even in the cottage
- If you have a plot arrangement: Place the waste container all the way to the road so that it is visible to the garbage collector
- Make sure that the access road to your waste container or bag stand is cleared of snow in the winter and that it is anti-slip with salt or gravel
- Make sure the road to your waste container or bag stand is free on the day your waste is collected, so there are no bikes, toys or anything else in the way
- If you have containers or bags for several types of waste, it is important that the waste is not mixed. (eg. waste collection in paper container, or eg. tin foil or plastic in bio container). If there is too much snow, the garbage can not empty
- Provide good lighting around your waste container or bag stand in the dark.
You can take care of these things:
- Keep an eye out that your waste container or bag stand is not crowded on the day of emptying. The lid of a container must be completely closed and a bag must not be filled over the dotted line
- Design stand for your waste container or bag stand as close as possible to the public road *)
- Design stand for your waste container so that it is visible from the road *)
- Make sure doors /garden doors are open on the day to be emptied *)
- Keep the dog inside - the cat however is allowed to watch!
*) These points are not so important if you have a plot arrangement which make it necessary to place the container on the road when it is to be emptied.
Also see your local waste regulations which special rules and regulations apply in your particular municipality: The municipal waste regulations can usually be found and downloaded on the municipality's website.
We appriciate your help!